Monday 27 March 2017

Draft 4



Draft 4 is my second to last draft as I have finished all the filming, animation and editing. All that needs to be added is the colour correction and letterbox's to make it look more professional and to have that movie aesthetic. I will also brighten up parts which appear very dark.

Re-Filming Fight Scene 

As precautions to the footage becoming too dark, I turned my camera ISO from 650 to 850 as this will improve the brightness without harming the quality too much. I also filmed very close to the lights, however some areas still appear very dark which I will edit in Premiere Pro. 

Shot 1: 



 Sketched Panel:

Add caption

This shot I need to lighten up through Premiere Pro, however you can still understand what is happening as the shot isn't very long and leads up to a lighter shot.

Shot 2:


Sketched Panel:


Here I have swapped two shots around, this second shot is meant to be a close up of the protagonist staring in anger at the animated figure. However that is not the shot that comes next. This over the shoulder shot i really like as it is well lit and tracks the protagonist as he slowly struggles to his feet.

Shot 3:




I changed this shot slightly from a close up to a medium shot, however I feel the protagonists emotions and wounds are still focused upon. 

Shot 4: As planned, the next shot is a cut back to the over the shoulder shot. 

Shot 5: 


Sketched Panel: 


I feel the zoom in this shot is very shaky however it still works as an effective transition to the animation. This shot also needs to be brightened however I feel the darkness also adds a sinister look to my protagonist. 


After the Fight



The fight now ends after the protagonists jump kick which makes the animated figure dissolve away. The next part of the fight was meant to be both actors firing energy at each other in a cliche, cartoony way: 



 However I do not have time to finish the drawing of the frames so I created an alternate ending. 

Shot 1: 


To build up the dramatic outro of the song, I included a performance shot of the artist strumming the guitar quite fast and violently. 

These next two shots are inspired from the ending of Take on Me by Ah-Ha, one of my main influences for the narrative of my music video. 



This is where the protagonist who is essentially a comic book character, is caught between the real world and comic book world. The scene shows the boy violently struggling in pain.

I feel this links greatly to my music video narrative as my protagonist is also seen caught in an animated world as well as a real world. I think it links to the beginning of the music video well, as it shows he has passed out. Perhaps implying that it was all a dream. 

Shot 1: 




Shot 2:




I included this second shot as I want to relate his screaming face to the album cover when animating it. When animating I wasn't able to go into much detail however I still think it is effective in linking to the design.


Animation Transitions

In this draft I added the animated distortion that transitions the real life footage into the animated parts: 

Sketched Panel: 


Distortion graphics I used:




No comments:

Post a Comment