Thursday 30 March 2017

Final Edit



This is my final edit, nothing new has been added to the editing sequence however to achieve that professional music video look, I decided to colour correct my footage and add letterbox bars at the top and bottom of the video. Colour correction and letterbox effects are a convention in music videos as producers want every shot to look artistic and the actors and artists to look good, advertising them well.

Colour Correction 

For my daytime shots here is the colour correction settings I used:

  Before Colour Correction:


After Colour Correction:


As you can see I have slightly altered the tone of the footage, creating a more dark, dank mood. I feel this fits the scene as my protagonist is waking up to a dead body.

Before Colour Correction:





















After Colour Correction:


I also feel the letter box effect adds a more focused view onto the music video, it stops alot of empty space being shown around the characters.

Brightness and Contrast 

For my night time scene I had to alter the brightness, here is the brightness adjustments for my town scenes: 


Before Brightness:


After Bright:


This is as far as I could brighten the video footage without the footage looking bad quality and having a grey tint over it.

Before Brightness:


After Brightness:


I feel it has been more effective on the chase scene as the figures behind the protagonist are now more defined and obvious.

Brightness and Contrast for the Fight Scene

My fight scene occurred in a much darker location, therefore I added more intense brightness to the footage than in the town scenes: 


Before Brightness: 


After Brightness: 


I feel this has also improved the defining of characters as the edges of the footage before seemed to fade. 

Before Brightness: 


After Brightness: 



1 comment: