Friday 21 October 2016

Production Plan

The locations used will be free to use, including places around Beverley and the Green Room at Wyke Sixth Form College.

Animation 

To create the animation, I will film the whole music video first, then draw over the frames on a graphics tablet on Adobe Photoshop, this is the quickest way to create an animation that looks effective. The drawing process will be very costly in terms of time as it took me 2 hours to produce the 2 seconds of animation in my test video's. Therefore I am going to film that animated scenes/ shots first.

Casting / Acting

I have already got volunteers for extras to be in my music video, and the main protagonist is being played by Will Cross who is a drama student and has took parts in Hull Truck productions. 

At the moment I am still deciding who will play the role of the artists in the second diegisis that I want, if worst comes to worst I will cast myself to do the lip syncing in the green room.

The hardest job for me and the actors is choreographing the final conflict / fight between the animated villain and the protagonist. This will take time and will have to be planned thoroughly in order for it to be done well. This scene will be shot first as I would like to start animating it straight away because it will be 30 seconds of non-stop animation and effects which will roughly take 20-30 hours approximately, based on the time it took to create the tests. 

Props

The props I am using are a drum kit from the media department as well as a guitar from my house. Because I want to create verisimilitude in my music video, I will also collect beer bottles to symbolize and imply that the protagonist was drink the night before that he can't remember.

Camera

The camera I will be using is the Sony A5000 

Green Screen lighting

I want the diegisis with the artist to be dark with red lighting, this will involve me buying red filter paper to create the effect or using the colouring lighting and experimenting in the room. I want the lighting to reveal parts of the singers face, but want parts to be in the darkness, creating a creepy atmosphere. 

Editing 

The video will be edited on Premiere Pro as I have more free time there, it also gives me time in college to add to my planning and research posts. I have also chosen this software as I have over 2 years of experience using it and am very confident with it, this will result in the editing process taking a shorter time instead of learning a new software like Final Cut or Premiere Pro. 



No comments:

Post a Comment