Monday 10 October 2016

Main Influence

As you know the song I am choosing for my music video is the song Roxanne which is a cover by the indie rock band Royal Blood. I have already gone over influences for my music video however I will do it in more detail here.

I feel the most influential music video for my project is Take on Me by A-Ha.




Animation 

The technical aspect that mostly influenced me was of course the animation. As you can see, the frames have been drawn in a rough style in order to show that it is a pencil sketch from a comic book. When i created my 6 second animation, I didn't intend to create mine like this, however the shading style is very similar. Like in my short test, the shading changes in every frame making it appear more like a drawing.



In this music video, the drawings of frames also appear in the real world, this I would also like to re-create in my music video.


Narrative 

My music video narrative is going to be alot darker and different to this music video. Primarily because this is a Pop soundtrack and mine is an indie rock soundtrack. These two genres have very different ideologies. 

However, the theme of mystery and confusion that is displayed in this music video, I also want to include in mine. For example, I like the fact she mysteriously transports into a fictional, fantasy world full of confusion.


Diegisis 

In this music video there are two diegisis, one where the band are shown playing their instruments, and one in which the narrative takes place. I would like to include this in my music video as it is conventional to show the artist / band in an indie rock music video. However, I would like the lip syncing to take place in the diegisis with the band, not in the narrative which is different to this video.



What I would not like to include in my music video

Due to the fact I am doing a different genre to this music video, there are differences my video will have to this one. For example, the lighting will be alot darker as well as the themes. The costume of the artist and characters will also be very different. 

The romantic narrative of this video I will also not like to include as it is very cliche and doesn't fit indie rock's dark ideology.






No comments:

Post a Comment