Thursday 17 November 2016

Drawing Process

This is how to start actually animating the frames you have exported, firstly to make it an easier and quicker process, you will need a graphics tablet. I use a Wacom Intuos Pro (Medium)


This allows me to draw the frames like I would on a piece of paper. Whenever the stylus of the tablet touches the surface, a mark will appear on Photoshop (Software we will be using to draw my frames)

Next I will show you how to set up Photoshop in order to be ready to draw your frames. 

Firstly, you need to go to File, Open, then select your first frame: 




Once you have opened your first frame, you need to check its size / resolution by going to Image, Image Size.



The image size depends on how pixelated of a line you will have when you draw, for example if I draw at the current size of 1920 by 1080, my line appears like this: 


As you can see, the quality of line is very bad, you have to increase the image resolution, preferably not too big as you don't want a huge file size, I am going to put the resolution at 600, this will change the size of the image also. 

Next you want to duplicate your layer with the picture of the frame on. 


Then fill in the original frame layer in whatever background colour you want, in my case it is black. You do this by going to Edit, Fill. 


Then create a layer above the Frame Copy, this will be the layer you are going to draw on. 


By drawing on a separate layer, you aren't damaging the original picture. It is like using tracing paper. 

You then start to trace round the picture on the Drawing layer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment