Friday 4 November 2016

First Shooting / Rough edit

Here is a roughly put together edit of my last scene of my music video. This part will be all fully animated in the same style / technique as my animation tests.



The whole scene is meant to be an un-cut piece of footage where the two actors perform fight choreography.

I realized whilst I was filming, it was impossible for my actors to remember all the actions and moves for a 50 second long take so I stopped recording every 180 degree rotation when I go behind someones back. These separate clips put together seem very jumpy as the cuts aren't very precise. One cut I noticed is at 00:03 where the camera appears on the other actors shoulder to the one the last shot ended on. This would be a severe problem if I was going to use this piece of footage in my music video. However, I am animating it which allows me to add frames and to fill in the gaps I have missed whilst filming.

I also have the option of re-filming, or cutting my other live performance diegisis into the sequence to break it up and make it appear like its more flowing and less jumpy. I will include the other diegesis when the two actors stand still, because although it was intended for dramatic effect, the shot does go on for a long time.

Another thing I am not happy with is the first shot at first appears very out of focus, however I will still be able to draw around it in the animated process.

Before the animation process I will enhance the brightness of this video also as the first few shots appear very dark even though I set the camera ISO to 500, this was supposed to show the figures clearly in darkness without pixelating the image too much. However I may have to increase the ISO next time I film.

One thing I am extremely happy with is the synchronous editing at the end; when my actors are going to be shooting animated pieces of energy at each other, they assume a pose right on one of the bass guitar's notes. The protagonist also falls to the floor right on one of the bass notes also. I like the way I have speeded up the last 360 degree shots as they make the energy between the two actors seem powerful and inhuman.


No comments:

Post a Comment